Blondeel: Perforator Flaps: Anatomy, Technique, & Clinical Applications, 2nd Edition
This is currently the only textbook on perforator flaps available. The first edition was a bestseller that sold out of its initial printing. The second edition of this book includes perforator anatomy, a description of currently used perforator flaps as well as clinical indications for the use of these flaps. The book has been updated to include all of the new information that has accrued since the last edition was published. It includes 10 new chapters as well as extensive updates on existing chapters.
The new edition has been in demand because of all of the new developments in the field. The editors are all leading reconstructive surgeons and pioneers in the field of perforator flap surgery. They have assembled a group of world renowned experts to contribute chapters. This new edition will have even more appeal than the first because local perforator flaps are more and more superseding the use of free flaps now for any area of the body. This includes the free-style propeller flaps, and the distal-based sural flap which has universally been used for the lower extremity especially when microsurgical skills are unavailable. Therefore, this new edition is a must-have for the practicing reconstructive surgeon to keep up to date on what presently is the "in" topic in plastic surgery. Basic techniques for flap harvest are well outlined, and supplemented with DVDs to show actual operating experiences, to further enhance gaining appropriate knowledge on how to use these flaps. It covers the most basic to the most advanced.
- The definitive and only major work devoted to perforator flap surgery
- Edited and written by the world’s leaders in this field
- Bestseller that has been totally revised in this second edition
- Because local perforator flaps are more and more superseding the use of free flaps for any area of the body, this book is essential reading for the practicing reconstructive surgeon to keep up to date on what presently is the "in" topic in plastic surgery
- Includes new chapters on hot topics: Propeller Flaps of the Lower Extremity, Use of CTA and MRI to Safely Perform Microdissection of a Perforator Flap, and Perforator Flap Technique for Lymphatic Transplantation
Verlag: QMP, Erscheinungsdatum 2013.
Hardcover, 1,486 pages and Approx. 2,000 illustrations.
2 Volumes with 4 DVDs featuring 23 videos demonstrating step-by-step surgical technique.