Losken/Hamdi: Partial Breast Reconstruction: Techniques in Oncoplastic Surgery
Partial Breast Reconstruction is a groundbreaking work in reconstructive surgery, edited and written by international
leaders in this field. It presents the latest reconstructive techniques for breast cancer patients who have breast conserving therapy (BCT), where the primary treatment is partial mastectomy and
radiation therapy. With the "oncoplastic approach" women are now able to preserve their breasts while maintaining a breast that is aesthetic, symmetric, and well shaped.
Today, BCT has become the standard of care for many women diagnosed with breast cancer. Unfortunately, the incidence of poor cosmetic results is relatively high with standard BCT. This book provides surgeons with the techniques needed to improve aesthetic outcomes while maintaining oncologic standards. It focuses on three critical areas: 1) improving the breast resection to ensure the most aesthetic outcome, 2) preventing a deformity with partial breast reconstruction when a poor cosmetic outcome is anticipated, and 3) correcting a post-radiation deformity when it occurs.
A Timely Topic
The oncoplastic approach is the wave of the future. It is imperative for reconstructive surgeons to learn oncoplastic techniques so that they can broaden their practices and take care of this growing population of patients with BCT deformities. This comprehensive book will provide you with the clinical information and guidance that you need to incorporate this approach into your practice.
This beautifully illustrated semi-atlas provides complete coverage of partial breast reconstruction in 31 comprehensive chapters divided into 5 parts. Part I includes key chapters on oncoplastic surgery basics and incorporating oncoplastic surgery into your practice. Part II includes chapters on applied anatomy, decision making, improving the partial mastectomy and quadrantectomy defects, and radiotherapy after oncoplastic surgery. Part III: Immediate Partial Breast Reconstruction and Part IV: Correction of the BCT Deformity with Delayed Partial Breast Reconstruction are the largest sections of the book. Chapters in these sections provide step-by-step details for the range of oncoplastic techniques. One DVD containing operative video complements the text.
- Treatment algorithm for preventing the BCT deformity
- Partial breast reconstruction using parenchymal rearrangement, reduction techniques, and local breast flaps
- Partial breast reconstruction using pedicled perforator flaps
- Fat grafting for correcting post-BCT deformities
- Management of central defects
- Parenchymal autoaugmentation techniques
- Endoscopic reconstruction of the partial mastectomy defect
Essential for Your Breast Reconstruction Practice:
- It will shorten the learning curve for adopting oncoplastic techniques
- It will enable you to offer your patients more options for breast reconstruction
- It will help expand your reconstructive practice with a new category of patient - the breast conservation surgery patient
- It will help you maximize cosmetic results for BCT patients
Verlag: QMP, Erscheinungsdatum 2009.
Hardcover, 589 pages, 825 illustrations. 1 DVD containing operative video.