Anatomy and Botulinumtoxin Injections book plus DVD SET
A reference for beginners and advanced. A new professional method which goes beyond current practice. Safe procedure: precise location on injections. Dynamic result: Examination of facial
Plus DVD HD 60 Min.. applied technique, all areas, all muscles
1. Frontalis muscle, 2. Corrugator, 3. Procerus muscle, 4. Depressor supercilii muscle, 5. Orbicularis oculi muscle, 6. Levator labii superioris alaeque nasi muscle, 7. Orbicularis oris muscle,
8. Depressor anguli oris muscle
9. Mentalis muscle, 10. Platysma muscle
The first time Dr Trevidic and I came up with the idea of a book on Botulinum Toxin and facial injections, we ended up asking ourselves, "Is it really necessary? Yet another book on Botulinum Toxin injections?"
Indeed, there are already so many publications out there that give almost mathematical descriptions, and indications to the millimeter: " 1 cm from the median line....50mm above the brow line "
There is also already a wealth of information on proper injection doses.
However, we found that these books do not go into adequate detail in describing not just facial musde balance, but also the correlation between facial musde balance and wrinkle development.
In order to get the best results possible while minimi zing any undesirable after effects, the surgeon must have a keen knowledge not only of anatomy, but also of the dynamic of all the musdes in play.
Our expansive experience in cadaver dissection allowed us to create a book in which a surgical approach to the anatomy of facial musdes is combined with an analytical evaluation of the effects on expression wrinkles, produced as a result of muscle contraction.
In order for the reader to get the most out of this book, we chose an atlas-like format, one which gave us the possibility to insert full page images accompanied by concise easy to follow descriptions of the relevant muscles.
Our aim is to take the readers on a journey, starting from an anatomical base, then on to an aesthetic analysis of the targeted areas, and finally reaching the injection sites and their appropriate techniques.
The contents are clear, comprehensible and easy to use. Each chapter is dedicated to detailing one given muscle. and all the chapters follow the same structure:
- First page: full muscle description.
- Second page: illustrations showing the muscle and its function.
- Third, fourth and fifth pages: progressive dissections showing the targeted muscle, its connections with the more important anatomical structures of the region, and the correlation with its external dinical elements on the skin which allow us to better localize the origin and injection points.
- Sixth page: innervations and localization of motor end-plate areas.
- Eighth and ninth pages: injection techniques and doses.
My hope is that experienced surgeons and young colleagues alike will appreciate and value this book. I also hope that, like me, they will find that serious, detailed studies about facial anatomy, as weil as the understanding of facial muscles dynamics, will aid in improving their techniques.
Fabio M. Ingallina, MD
Auflage: 1st Edition Verlag: Medical Publishing
Erscheinungsdatum: 2011 Seiten: 130 pp
Abbildungen: 150 anatomy ills. plus DVD